• 欢迎访问书法思考网,注册用户可以投稿!

双语美文:过自己生活的自由

百家荟萃 Betty 4个月前 (01-15) 10次浏览 0个评论 举报/投诉

  It’s not easy to live and work in a big city, ’cause the competition is so
firce and you can barely balance your job and your life.

  在大城市生活并不容易,因为竞争非常激烈,你几乎没有办法平衡工作与生活。

  It’s bot easy to live in a small city, ’cause everyone atound you will
think they have a say in how you live and you’re basically living your life for
others.

  在小城市生活也不容易,因为你身边的每个人都觉得他们在你的生活中有话语权,而你基本是在为别人而活。

  I live in one of the busiest city in the world and I just had a dinner with
a former classmate several days ago.

  我住在全球最繁忙的城市之一,几天前我刚刚和以前的同班同学吃了饭。

  She gave up. And she had decided to go back home.

  她放弃了。她决定要回老家。

  ”Sad.” I thought. But I didn’t stop her, because it was her own choice.

  “悲哀啊。”我当时想。不过我没有组织她,因为这是她自己的选择。

  I, on the other hand, have a well paid job. So my life is quite good in my
point of view.

  而我,有一份薪水不错的工作。所以在我看来,我的生活还挺好的。

  But I, too, had my tough days in the first few years after I came here.

  不过,我曾经也一样,在刚来这座城市的那几年也曾过着艰辛的日子。

  And even now, sometimes I got overwhelmed by the workload.

  而即使现在,有时候我也觉得被工作压得喘不过气来。

  But I conquered them. And they made me stronger.

  但我战胜了它们。而且,它们让我变得更强了。

  I know it’s hard to live in such a big city.

  我知道在大城市生活不容易。

  And I know it’s also hard to live in a small city like my hometown, just in
a different way.

  我也知道在一个像我家乡一样的小城市里生活并不容易,只是不容易的方式不同。

  But I chose here because it has the very thing that I cherrish the most:
the freedom to live my own life.

  但我选择了这里,因为这里有我最珍视的东西:过自己生活的自由。


该文观点仅代表作者本人观点丨如未注明 , 均为原创|如侵权,联系删除丨本网站采用BY-NC-SA协议进行授权
转载请注明原文链接:双语美文:过自己生活的自由
喜欢 (0)

您必须 登录 才能发表评论!